I was organizing my recipes and came across this one that I had torn from a magazine. I'm so glad I found it. Super yummy! An even bigger bonus is that my entire family ate it.
2 cups cooked rice
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese (I used cheddar)
Sour cream, optional (I did not use)
fresh cilantro, chopped, optional (I did not use)
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken, onion, and bell pepper.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink (10-12 minutes).
4. Stir in salsa and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.
6. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Serve over rice
8. optional: garnish with sour cram and cilantro