6 sweet Italian turkey sausages (I used regular sausage)
1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 (1 pound) bag frozen pearl onions, thawed
1/2 cup golden raisins
large pinch kosher salt
large pinch black pepper
11oz package of baby spinach
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 cups cooked rice
1. Spray large heavy skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high. Add sausages and brown. Set aside.
2. Add broth to skillet and cook, scraping browned bits from bottom.
3. Transfer to 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Stir in onions, raisins, salt and pepper. Top with sausages. Cover and cook until until fork tender, 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
3. Transfer sausages to cutting board and slice.
4. Stir spinach into slow cooker, cooking just until wilted.
5. Stir in sliced sausages and vinegar.
6. Serve with rice.
I'm unsure where I got original recipe but think it is from the Weight Watchers magazine.