- Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Spinach (from the garden!) equivalent of 2 bags (6 ounces each) baby spinach
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tsp. dried thyme ( from the garden!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Box Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
2.) Add the tomatoes, beans, olives, thyme, salt, and pepper and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes.
3.) Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander and transfer to a bowl. Serve sauce over the pasta.
Doesn't this dish just scream of flavor & vitamins? "Bud" loved the olives. It was the highlight of the dish for him. Everyone else ate their dinner, however, I noticed that they left the olives in their bowls. So I think I will try this recipe again but either leave out olives completely or substitute with black olives. Sorry Bud! Majority rules. :) Our family gave this a 3 - 4 spoon rating.
If you would like to see how I was able to make this dinner for 4 for under $5.00 you can check out my post over at Money Saving Maine-iac.