- 1 cup chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- Cooking spray
Preparation1. To prepare salsa, combine the first 7 ingredients; set aside.
2. To prepare pork chops, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine oil and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Rub oil mixture over both sides of pork chops. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with salsa.
This was fabulous. We would have given this more than 5 spoons. The mix of oil, spice, sweet melon and cilantro was just out of this world. I had to talk the kids into trying the salsa - they weren't as big fans as Hubby and I - but they did eat it.