From Oh Say Can You say? :
If you like to eat potato chips
and chew pork chops on clipper ships,
I suggest that you chew
a few chips and a chop
at Skipper Zipp's Clipper Ship Chip Chop Shop
It is really just pork chops and potato wedges but I find that when you add fun names it makes it more fun to cook and to eat. It seems to entice the kids a bit more as well. This is a good basic meal that everyone in the family enjoyed. We rate it 4 spoons.
For a sweet treat at the end I bring you Gertrude McFuzz-y Berries. Now I know some of you may think that I took perfectly healthy berries and made them unhealthy by dredging them in sugar but let me just say...Yumm! These are great as is but I also think they'd be great over some vanilla ice cream or on top of a brownie. The raspberries were my favorite, mmmmmm.
Visit me at Life in the BAT Cave
Skipper Zipp's Chops and Chips
4 center-cut pork loin chops, with bone (I used boneless)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 large potatoes, cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Sprinkle half the salt and all the pepper on the chops and put them on a baking sheet. Set aside.
3. Put the potatoes on a baking sheet, then sprinkle them with the olive oil and roll them around. Sprinkle them with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the paprika.
4. Put the potatoes in the oven and turn after half an hour.
5. Put the pork chops i nthe oven when you turn the potatoes. Cook both until the chops anre juicy and brown about 20-25 minutes, and the potatoes are golden and tender, about half an hour.
6. Serve hot on a platter.
Makes 4 servings.
Gertrude McFuzz-y Berries
1/2 cup sugar
3 ounces fresh raspberries
3 ounces fresh blackberries
3 ounces fresh blueberries
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Put the berries, 3 or 4 at a time, into a bowl containg the sugar and turn them around until coated.
3. Put the sugared berries in a single layer on the foil.
4. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
5. The berries may be refrigerated in a plastic bag for up to two weeks.