The best part about these pizzas is that you can make them to your liking. You can use different cheeses and toppings and even create something different for everyone in your family. They will definitely be making a repeat appearance on our dinner table. Our family rated this a 5.
While I had the grill on I gave dessert a try as well. I tried a recipe I found in Family Circle magazine for Grilled Georgia Peaches. Mmmm. I'm giving this a 3 1/2. I think if I used peaches that were a little more ripe they would have been easier to halve and pit and tasted a bit sweeter
Life in the BAT Cave
1 package of pizza dough (pick up from local pizza place or grocery store)
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
1 jar marinara sauce (or be good and make your own!)
your favorite toppings (we did plain and pepperoni pizza's)
1. Heat grill to medium-high hat.
2. Dust dough and surface with flour. Divide dough into quarters. Roll each piece as thin as you can. (this was the part that was easier said than done!)
3. Drape dough onto grill. When it bubbles and puffs, flip it, brush on olive oil and add sauce, cheese and toppings.
4. Close lid and grill 2 more minutes to melt cheese and get a nice, smoky flavor. Remove pizza, slice and serve.
3 peaches, halved and pitted
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons packed dark-brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush cut sides of peaches with a little butter.
In small bowl, blend remaining butter, sugar and cinnamon.
2. Grill peaches, cut side down, 3 minutes.
Flip over and carefully brush with butter mixture (remove from grill to do this). Retrn peaches to grill, cut-side up. Grill 2 minutes until butter is bubbly.
Serve warm, with ice cream, if desired.